Ontario Student Info Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/28/2020 5:43 pm  #1

About this Forum

Welcome to the Ontario Student Info Forum. I developed this forum as a way of providing free info on a variety of topics that may be relevant to Ontario students, parents and/or guardians. Much of the info here is relevant to senior high school students who are considering post-secondary possibilities, but there is also information available here for students at a variety of other levels. While all of the info here can be accessed without registering to join this site, those who do wish to register can then sign up to be notified regarding updates to topics of interest -- as well as being able to post questions, comments, and info that may be of interest to others as well.

I'd now like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, and how it is that I came to set up this forum. For many years, I did research-related work for a Toronto government agency, and sometimes I was able to use my research skills to help various students whom I worked with there. After I retired in 2016, I continued to find that I was able to help students that I knew in this way.

This led to me developing a database of student awards that weren't specific to an institution or to a program of study, which could be possibilities for students that I knew. However, since I didn't really know of anything that was similar to what I was doing, I started to think about finding a way of sharing this info with a larger audience -- along with other info that I thought could be helpful to students. There is also a Twitter account for the forum at https://twitter.com/OntStudentInfo.

I want to continue to help students by using my experience and research skills. So please feel free to share this database with any students and/or youth groups that might be interested!

Last edited by Lorne Massena (4/13/2021 2:34 pm)

Board footera